3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 1:02 PM by LSNOVER

Import - Show/Don't show dialog?

LSNOVER

OK, feeling like a real dummy here.

IN FM14, I have an option to show the Dialog when doing a scripted import or not.

In FM15, I have an indication of whether "with dialog" is turned on or off, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to change it?

The Help documents say something to the effect that the option can be changed via an "interactive widget"?  If that's supposed to mean the little "gear" icon that shows the options, I don't have the option.

What am I missing and where?

Thanks,

Lee (sheepishly)

• 1. Re: Import - Show/Don't show dialog?
          LSNOVER

OK, I finally figured it out.  Just click on the text showing On or Off in the script line text.

Not sure this is more intuitive.  :-(

• 2. Re: Import - Show/Don't show dialog?
            steveromig

OK, I finally figured it out. Just click on the text showing On or Off in the script line text.

Not sure this is more intuitive. :-(

In addition, tabbing to it and using the spacebar will toggle it between "On" and "Off."

The hope was by making it an "inline" option that it would save time as you could get to that option directly versus having to click and open a "popover" or other dialog to set it.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Import - Show/Don't show dialog?
              LSNOVER

Steve:

I understand.  Old dog, new tricks.   Slow on the draw.  LOL.

Since we have to use the pop-over, I'm just not sure about this.  It just seems out of character with the way the script otherwise operates.  I would have elected to keep the check box and add the new method to toggle I guess.  I kept thinking something was wrong with my script, or I was missing something in context of a Server side option. 

Cheers!

Lee