Adding a pause between the go to object step and the reload step decreases the frequency of the issue but will flash the reload icon sometimes.
some of the known tricks with rendering issues.
Be aware that even a Pause of about 0,2 seconds could work. Just in cause you're running into performance issues.
Other ingredients from the Voodoo Toolbox include 'Refresh' or 'Commit'.
Commit helped reduce the frequency of the issue. Refresh seems to make no change, but maybe because I am also already refreshing the WV object.
Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. These are the steps I took:
1. I created a database with one Text field "Name".
2. On the Layout, I added a Slide panel with three panels.
3. I named the three panels "panel1", "panel2" and "panel3"
4. I placed a Web Viewer on the first tab panel with the formula:
"data:text/html,<html><head><meta name=\"viewport\" content=\"initial-scale=1.0\" />" &
GetAsCSS(TextFont(TextSize(Table::Name; 14 ) ; "Arial" ) )
5. I unchecked the option "Allow interaction with web viewer content"
6. I duplicated the Web Viewer twice and placed one on "panel2" and the other on "panel3".
7. I created a script "Reload panel1" with the script step:
Set Web Viewer [ Object name: "panel1" ; Action: Reload ]
8. I duplicated the script twice, renaming them "Reload panel2" and "Reload panel3", and changing the object name to "panel2" and "panel3", respectively.
9. I created another script "Go to panel1" with the script step:
Go to Object [ Object name: "panel1" ]
10. I duplicate the script twice, renaming them "Go to panel2" and "Go to panel3", and changing the object name to "panel2" and "panel3", respectively.
11. On the first slide panel, I placed three buttons, each executing a script: "Reload panel1", "Go to panel2" and "Go to panel3"
12. On the second slide panel, I placed three buttons, each executing a script: "Reload panel2", "Go to panel1" and "Go to panel3"
13. On the third slide panel, I placed three buttons, each executing a script: "Reload panel3", "Go to panel1" and "Go to panel2".
14. I went to Browse mode and added one record, enter "TSGal" in the Name field.
15. I am able to manually slide between all three panels, I can press any of the buttons, etc. After 100+ tries, I never encounter the reload icon.
What am I doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.
The immediate difference is that you content is directly in the viewer where I have the content in a text field that is in a related table.
Also each panel/webviewer has different content.
There is nothing sensitive in the file. I will private message it to you so you can test the actual thing I am seeing.
I see the same issue when the file is on FMS or local on the iPad so I eliminated that issue.
It seems attaching files in a private message is not supported. I thought it was.
I sent a DropBox Link by message.
I ran through testing it and counted the number of changes between the random times the reload icon displayed.
The result 11, 27, 96, 6, 52, 50, 68. Problem occurs on average every 43 web viewer loads.
I received your file. Thank you.
I am able to replicate the issue with your file. I have sent the file to our Development and Testing departments for review. When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.
Changing to another layout and the back seems to fix the problem, but it is not a great idea.
Testing has been able to replicate the issue in both FileMaker Go 14 and FileMaker Go 15. All information has now been sent to Development for further review.