5 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 10:31 AM by TSGal

Apple Script Breaks in FM15

fmpdan

Product and version FM15 Advanced

OS and version OS X 10.11.4

Browser and version (for WebDirect only)

Hardware iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

Description: apple script fails with end of line error in FM15 but not 14. Script runs fine when copied from data viewer and run in script editor.

How to replicate It would suggest taking the apple script that is attached and running it from a field or script editor. You will need omni professional 6 to see it working.

Workaround (if any) Only using 14

• 1. Re: Apple Script Breaks in FM15
          TonyWhite

Hi Dan,

Shooting from the hip, I would try

1. renaming the variable that show up in your script editor wrapped in pipe chars...
          |width| , |point| , etc. ...to give FileMaker simpler code to compile. Might not fix...but heck it is easy to try.

2. Sometime you can get an AppleScript to run from within FileMaker only by flattening our the code/merging in the sub-routines. Not always pretty...but if it works ;-)

Hope that helps.

Tony White
          Tony White Designs, Inc.
          tony_white@twdesigns.com
          http://www.twdesigns.com
          http://FileMaker-Fanatics.com

• 2. Re: Apple Script Breaks in FM15
            fmpdan

Tony,

Thanks. Those are all reasonable suggestions. But this is a bug if it works in 12,13,14 but breaks in 15. Especially since it runs fine in the Apple Script editor. Seems like fileMaker should make the fix on their end.

• 3. Re: Apple Script Breaks in FM15
              TonyWhite

Hi Dan,

Yes, I would agree that is is a bug for the reasons that you provide.

Both of my ideas above are possible work-a-rounds that might help you in the short term, and possibly give FMI some direction on the nature of the bug.

Hope that helps.

Tony White

• 4. Re: Apple Script Breaks in FM15
                TSGal

fmpdan:

Thank you for your posts.

I have sent your posts along with the script to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Apple Script Breaks in FM15
                  TSGal

fmpdan:

Our Testing department has been unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 15 under Mac OS X 10.11.5.  The tester install OmniGraffle 6, copied an Omni template into Applications -> FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced -> Omnitemplates, renamed it to Template Letter.graffle, and then run it with FileMaker Pro 15.  It succeeded without any error.

Can you verify the steps are correct?

I have sent a screen recording to our Technical Support contact.  You should receive an email from him shortly.  If you don't receive the screen recording within one hour, please let me know, and I'll make sure it gets sent immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.