2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2016 1:15 PM by jurgmay

Can global variables be renamed en-masse?

jurgmay

Hello,

I make use of global variables throughout my solution and I have a small group of variables which I would like to rename.

I have 8 variables, one of which looks like this: $$APP.ALERT.MESSAGE and I would like to change them to look like this: $$APP.MODAL.MESSAGE

Is this possible? They will only be referenced in scripts and whilst I can take the time to go through the scripts and seek out the ones which reference these specific global variables I was thinking there may be a quicker way...

Any ideas out there??

Thanks,

Juerg

• 1. Re: Can global variables be renamed en-masse?
          Markus Schneider

there are 2 parts with variables:

- define

- use

You can't rename a var, You have to set it to empty - and define it again under the new name. Everywhere where a var is used, its name has to be changed to the new name (will be scripts in Your case)

What is really helpfull is 2emPower's Developer's assistant - one can search everywhere, find everything - and the newest version can search&replace (never tried that until now -> but that might be the answer..)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can global variables be renamed en-masse?
            jurgmay

Thanks Markus, that's what I thought. I'm actually just trying a feature I discovered in the MBS plugin which allows me to search for some text in a script - it highlights each line where that text appears. I have to replace the occurrences manually but having MBS highlight the lines for me is going to be a real time saver and will reduce the chances of error.

Thanks for heads up about Developer's Assistant - I wasn't aware of that. It looks very powerful and the price is very reasonable too so I'll be downloading the 30-day trial of that very soon.

Cheers!

Juerg