2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 7:45 PM by bobjtls

Funny field behaviour in a layout

bobjtls

I wonder if someone can shed light on the following.

Filemaker.fp7 database

I create a layout and insert some fields and position them where I want them to appear. I add some legends to identify each field.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 5.06.48 PM.png

Once happy with the layout, I save it.

Displaying data in the layout shows that the legends have been moved over the fields themselves.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 5.07.05 PM.png

The only field not so affected is the Web Visible field which behaves correctly.

I have not seen this before. I have tried this database also in FM version 13 and it shows the same behaviour.

Anyone got any clues?

bobj

• 1. Re: Funny field behaviour in a layout
          markpelleymounter

Have the checked the anchoring on each field and their legends?

In Layount Mode, click on a object, make sure Inspector is open (ctrl/cmd+I), click on the Position tab in the Inspector and check the padlocks are clicked to the left to lock them to position based on the left hand margin.  If the right hand padlock is instead clicked it will position the object according to the right margin when you save the layout and go to browse mode

• 2. Re: Funny field behaviour in a layout
            bobjtls

Mark,

you were spot on. Although the fields showed they were anchored, I removed all anchors, saved the database, reopened it and re-applied each anchor and things now work as expected.

bobj