11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 5:31 AM by bvondeylen

Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.

JaredHague

When I try to use Web Direct on a fresh install of FMS15 It just gives me this error.  Admin console works fine.

Im using

OSX 10.10.5

Failed to load the widgetset: ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet.nocache.js?1464028319209

• 1. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
          TSPigeon

JaredHague:

Thank you for your post!

If you could provide some more information so that we might narrow down the cause:

-What Operating System is FileMaker Server 15 installed on?

-What Operating System and Web Browser is being used on the Client?

-Does WebDirect work on the Server Machine itself?

-Does this issue occur with clients on the Local Network?

-Does this issue occur with clients from a remote Location (Off Network)?

You might also verify you are within the System Requirements for FileMaker Server 15.

You may also send a message to my inbox with details on connecting to your if you'd like (and it's possible).

I look forward to your response!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
            JaredHague

Server is

OS X 10.10.5

Java 8 91 if thats important

Client

OS X 10.11.5

Browser was Safari 9.1.1

same result when...

using the servers browser.

connecting over vpn and using the local ip address from a remote computer.

connecting over wan.

all done with and without ssl enabled.

I had to move back to 14.

• 3. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
              TSPigeon

JaredHague:

Thank you for your response.

So, this is happening in any instance of connecting to WebDirect...

Is OS X Server.app installed on the 10.10.5 machine?

Could you try:

-Uninstall of FileMaker Server

-Rename Library/FileMaker Server (FileMaker Server OLD)

-Reboot the machine

-Download a fresh installer for FileMaker Server 15

-Install and deploy

I'm also going to send a message to your inbox to collect additional information.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                JaredHague

Here are some things I did try.

Uninstall of FileMaker Server

I also removed the Library/FileMaker Server folder when doing a reinstall the second or third try.

Rebooted many times

I didn't download the installer again however.

Installed and deployed every time and FM Pro 15 connected fine in all cases.

I am going to try again possibly next weekend when its not being used.

Also I may try to deploy on another server that is identical and swap them out.  Then I won't need to go back again if the issues persist.

• 5. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                  ResoluteSystems

Product and version FM Server 15.0.1.137, single machine deployment, newly installed, SSL not enabled

OS and version OS X 10.11.5

Browser and version Safari 9.1.1

Hardware 2012 Mac mini, 2.5 GHz Core i5, 8 GB memory

Description Appears to be a Java failure on the FM Server

I have the same issue, as you describe in every detail. Admin Console access is fine, locally or via the WAN, and WebDirect fails in both cases. If I click the Close link after the WebD error message the WebD home page or a database will open eventually but it takes several minutes for the layouts to load.

The FM Server 15 installation included a Java update but the version number in the OS X Java control panel didn’t change. So I re-installed Java 8/91 from Oracle. It installed and verified but that made no difference to WebD access.

WebD worked immediately after installation, but not the next day or since. In the meantime Id added client licenses. So, next I re-installed FM Server with the additional clients licence code instead of relying on the Admin Console to change the original licence code. No joy there either.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                    ResoluteSystems

Further to my post above, this is looking like an SSL problem. The behaviour described above was with the SSL certificate inherited from FMS 14 and it was the same whether SSL was On or Off in FMS Admin.

In the Admin Console, I created a new CSR for the host Mac and installed a new SHA2 certificate from GoDaddy. WebDirect now works when SSL is switched Off in the Admin Console, but fails when SSL is On.

There’s a problem with the host name for which the certificate is being issued. In the terminal, when I use hostname -f it’s returned as the fully qualified domain name. However FMS Admin issued the CSR for “prefix.domainname". The prefix element is the short form of the sharing name in OS X Network Prefs.

I added a Cname record to the DNS for the URL with the prefix. If I use the server URL including the prefix and SSL to log in to WebD, it works. I haven’t tested this thoroughly yet but the first few goes seem OK.

If I log in without the prefix but with SSL, WebD access fails. The browser just shows Loading... with eternity rotating away behind it.

So, I tried changing the OS X sharing name to the domain name and re-created the CSR. GoDaddy rejected the new CSR because it was the same as the last submitted one. FMSAdmin Certificate Create doesn’t seem to work in FMS15, so I’m stumped. I can’t find information anywhere on how the  name is assigned for the CSR, by FMS Admin or any other method.

Any guidance FMI can provide will be gratefully received.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                      IanR

I am experiencing the same (or similar) issue.

(I began another discussion "WebDirect FMServer_Sample FMS15 Extremely Slow" earlier today - not having seen this one)

I have just upgraded my Mac Mini to El Capitan from Yosemite.

I then upgraded FileMaker Server from v14 to v15.

Using FileMaker Pro & ProAdv & Go, my hosted files are available without excessive time delays.

Files which were previously used with WebDirect now take an exceptionally long time to load.

The spinning worm/circle is there for minutes.  Then the layout is built piece by piece, very slowly.

The WebDirect Launching page also takes an age to load.

(The Admin Console is also slow to appear)

I closed all my hosted files on the Server, leaving only FMServer_Sample available.

This demonstrates the problem as well.

Sometime the an error message appears (not able to load some Widgets).

Even if I use the LAN only for my WebDirect connection (specifying the IP Address of the Server), I have the same slowness.

I have tried Safari & Chrome & different machines & locations.

Mac Mini (late 2012)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 DDR3

Ian

• 8. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                        martygearbox

Same Problem here:

http://myserveraddresst/fmi/webd

eventually shows

Failed to load the widgetset: ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet.nocache.js?1474081031110

Same issue using other browsers and machines attempting to connect over LAN

Server specs:

Java: 8 Update 91

FMS 15.0.1

Mac Pro 2010 - 2x2.93 6-core Xeon

RAM: 21 GB

• 9. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                          JaredHague

Had this problem again after installing a new SSL. 

It worked after changing the computer name in under the sharing preference  to the exact same name as listed in the admin console under FileMaker Host Name and restarting.

SSL and every works great now

• 10. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                            JaredHague

..... and its not working again.

...so it appears to be working.  the error still appears sometimes but when dismissed it works fine

• 11. Re: Fresh install FMS15 gives VAADIN error when using web direct.
                              bvondeylen

Having the same issue. Is there a solution available?

Failed to load the widgetset: ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet.nocache.js?1479302841816