AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copy Information from a Text Box...

Question asked by RPeters on May 24, 2016
Latest reply on May 25, 2016 by siplus

Hello Filemaker Friends!

I'm keeping track of concerts that sponsors are attending in my database.  Some sponsors have not yet chosen which concert they'd like to attend, and now it's time to follow up with everyone.  I'm trying to figure out how I can email everyone.

My original idea was to create text boxes with merge fields in them.  One if the sponsor had chosen a concert ("We're just confirming that you'll be attending...") and another if they hadn't yet chosen ("Our records indicate that you've not yet chosen which event...")  I was then going to hide the field I didn't want to see. (If Concert is empty, hide one text box.)  The idea was that I could copy the text and paste it into an email.

After setting up my boxes, I realized that I can't copy text out of a text box, and now I'm not sure how to go about sending out these emails.  There's about 65 going out, so I thought automating it would be super useful.

I know there's gotta be a better way to set this up and get these emails out... but I'm just not sure what that way is...

Outcomes