2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 3:46 PM by bigtom

WebDirect solution at root domain.

bigtom

Will something like this work with FMS on 2012R2? How? I keep getting requests for this and I cannot seem to find clear information about this situation on Windows Server or OSX.

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} example\.com [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/$

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /fmi/webd#filename$1 [L]

• 1. Re: WebDirect solution at root domain.
          mikebeargie

Apache rewrite is what I was thinking *would* work for masking the webdirect URL. However, I've never had the time or need to fully explore it to try and get it to work.

Since the /fmi/webd is hardcoded in some form in FMS (not sure how or where, it may be compiled into FMS itself), I'm not sure exactly how apache rewrites would affect that. That's the only risk I see in attempting it. You will notice that there is no fmi or webd folders on the server, the path is dynamic from somewhere.

I CAN tell you that two other common methods of URL masking do NOT work:

1) embedding WebDirect as iFrame content.

2) PHP's file_get_contents() function

As for the apache rewrite itself, your code looks sound.

FWIW, I have modified the httpd.conf file before so that PHP uploads go into the documents folder so that I can pull PHP uploads into filemaker later.

Since you're in uncharted territory, I'd see what you can do to get this to work. If you break a new technique, please let us know!

• 2. Re: WebDirect solution at root domain.
            bigtom

mikebeargie  Working on how to get this to happen. I will let you know if I get it working.

Added this in the ideas section. Option for Web Direct at root domain.