Works fine on my iPhone 6. A message popped up about the certificate the first time I access webdirect. I then select to continue. The next time I open web direct, it stated that the standard certificate is installed and load the file.
Please, do you know what might make it spin and spin and spin and spin and spin and spin?
Have you power off your iPhone? If not I suggest power off and back on.
After enabling Java did you restart FMGo? You may need to restart FMGo.
Tried clearing cache. Tried rebooting phone. No help.
Working with WEB Direct here, not GO.
Clients will need to click on an HTTPS: link in an e-mail message. Will not want to ask them to rebuild their phones.
Had hoped FMP 15 was going to represent a breakthrough.
Any ideas please? Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?
Sorry, too many thing going on, I was trying to think of items for you to try, because there is nothing special that I did on my iPhone to connect using web direct.
FMS 15 the developers edition, which has a sample database already setup for web direct. Open safari then I enter http://ipadress//fmi/webd
You have to be on the same local network. If your iPhone is not on the same local network then you will have to setup port forwarding.
Webdirect was introduced before FMP15. I have no idea why anyone would have to rebuild their phone.
The spinning is because webdirect is trying to find the server / file and it can not.
(I had deleted the FMS 15 Sample file because I wouldn't access as admin to look at the way they did things. I should have kept it for testing. Too optimistic at the time)
I'll keep trying.
Yes, thank you. Your advice, along with that of another individual, proved successful.
Yes, you need to use the "http://ADDR/fmi/webd" link. This is actually associated with two things I was trying to do.
1. Note the use of HTTP. Safari has a problem with the use of the FileMaker Certificate that comes with dev server.
No HTTPS. Do not use FM certificate; and do not buy a certificate until you go into production
2. Also, I was appending filename to the end of the link, "https://ADDR/fmi/webd#filename"
I was using HTTPS and trying to bypass the WEBD Launch Page.
This worked great for browsers on laptops; but, was a no go for the iPhone.
So, I dropped back to HTTP and use of the launch page. And things are working ok now.
Thank you very much for your advice!!!