5 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 9:25 AM by ZoocMan85

Full Database Backup

ZoocMan85

I have a script that does a save copy as of the database and puts it into the specfied folder.

The issue:

On deployment of my solution to a customer, i strip all admin credentials from the solution so they cant access layout options or edit scripts. If i try later to import that data from the save copy as, it wont allow me because all admin access has been stripped. What can i do to fix this ?

Thanks

ZoocMan

• 1. Re: Full Database Backup
          mikebeargie

Check the box for "run script with full access privileges".

• 2. Re: Full Database Backup
            beverly

do you have ANY credentials? A limited priv. set could have Import.

beverly

• 3. Re: Full Database Backup
              CICT

Mike

This won't work across files.

Regards

Andy

• 4. Re: Full Database Backup
                rouelf

With FMP Adv 15, you can do as per below. Don’t know if you can do without Advance:

Do not remove Admin Privileges when creating Runtime, instead try:

1) For Layouts:  Under “File”; “Manage”; “Layouts”:  Hide Layouts (uncheck box’s to Exclude From Layout Menus).

2) For Scripts: Under “File”; “Manage”; “Scripts”: Click on “Show The Scripts Menu Management” button: Uncheck the box’s, for Exclude Scripts From Scripts Menu”.

Or, you can create a custom menu set, without the menus you don't want user to have access to. And set the solution to use the custom menu as a default. And then you can always use/change to the Standard Filemaker Menus by using an Admin Password.

• 5. Re: Full Database Backup
                  ZoocMan85

I cant deploy this as a runtime because the users are using it through p2p. No filemaker server in the middle. Runtime only works for a single instance to my knowledge. I have two accounts in the solution a user account and an admin account. Admin account has full options to menus , but only add and delete records, no going into layout or changing scripts. I stripped the filemaker admin functionality out because there is software vendors out their that have password cracking for filemaker solutions.