4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 8:30 AM by TSGal

FileMaker 14 Issue Saving Import Records Table and Field Mapping

user249

Product and version:  FileMaker 14.0.5

OS and version: Mac Yosemite 10.10.5 and Windows 6.2 (for Windows 8)

Hardware: Mac and WindowsPC

Description & How to replicate:

I'm on a Mac connecting via Cisco AnyConnect to a VPN;  my client is on Windows inside their VPN, connecting to their FMServer via file open remote.

NOTE: the import records script step filepath = fmnet:/IPAddress4/DBName.fmp12

I have a script in my client's FileMaker solution that imports from 1 table in their hosted database to another table in that same hosted database.

Lets say from table A into table B.

I connect from my Mac, to their VPN, opening the hosted db via file open remote.

I edit the script step to import from hosted db table A into same hosted db table B and do the table + field mapping.

And, I save the script.

When my client runs the script - what I've saved is not there.  Instead the import script step does NOT have hosted db table A into hosted db table B in the import -

tested this by having my client make the script step NOT perform without dialog.

When I run the script on my end - everything works as it should.

Workaround:

Having my client, who is inside their, VPN, go to Script Workspace and edit the script step herself, doing the table + field mapping and then saving the script.

Now it works for both of us.