4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 8:02 AM by geo63

SMTP Fails in WebDirect but works in FMPro on FMServer

geo63

I have an application where the registrant receives a confirmation email via SMTP.  The database is FM 14 hosted on a FM Server.  The Send Mail works fine in FM Pro but I get the message 'The Email(s) Failed to Send Successfully'.  I have tried running the script on the server as well with the same result.

Code:

[Script]

Perform Script on Server [Wait for completion; "ActivationEmail"; Parameter: List ( Get ( AccountName) ; Get ( FileName) )

[ActvationEmail]

Send Mail [Send via SMTP Server; No dialog; To: MiddleValues ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ; 1 ; 1 ); Subject: "Email Verification";

Message: "Click the link below to activate your account.¶¶ "&"http://fmserver/webd#"&Substitute (MiddleValues ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ; 2 ; 1 );¶;"")&"?script=VerifyEmail&param="&MiddleValues ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ;1 ; 1 )

I've been reading that the Send Mail function doesn't work on WebDirect with the No Dialog option.  Is there a work around?  How can I send an email to the registrant so they can activate their logon?