Connecting to server using MS RDP.
FMS and FMA are on the same machine.
Thank you for your posts.
Is this occurring with one database file? If not, how many files are being accessed?
How are the files being referenced? By IP Address? By domain name? By "file:"?
Does the server have more than one network card installed?
Does the server have multiple addresses? For example, is there a Wi-Fi address and a LAN address?
Since you are getting disconnects, is there anything in the Event.log or Access.log that provides any clues?
Thank you for the files.
After the backup on 26 May 10:00 AM, I see you brought down FileMaker Server and restarted, and then stopping and restarting again at 10:53 AM. The first error I see is FileMaker Server trying to open another instance of FMServer_Sample.fmp12, and security instances with four or five files. Those files remain closed.
At 11:37, you are no longer responding, so the connection was closed. This happens a few times over the next several minutes. You log in again at 12:00, but then get another no longer responding message at 12:32. This repeats itself for the next three hours. There are definitely some network connection issues.
Instead of using RDP, try using FileMaker Pro locally and remotely accessing the server. Does this work?
I have connected to FMSA 15 using 5003 from a Mac, and from Windows 10 on Parallels.
In both cases in both cases it has been stable.
So the issue appear to be confined to FMA15 installed on the same machine as FMS either 15 or 14.
We will have to stick to FMA14 for development purposes.
Would be interested to know if there are other incidences of this issue.
We're having the same problem: We get disconnected the moment we try to save a script we modified in FMPA 15 on the same machine as FMS 15 (haven't tested 14 server). Just tried with 15v2 Pro and 15v2 Server on a Windows 2008 R2 machine and am still getting the problem.
Here's what I did:
- Open up the hosted FileMaker file in FMPA 15 on the same machine as FMS 15.
- Open up Script Workspace
- Create a new script
- Give it a name
- Add a script step
- Save the script (I used the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S)
You should be immediately disconnected from the host:
This is the most disruptive problem we've run into as developers using 15. We have many deployments where the only machine we can develop on is the FMS server.
For now we're developing in FMPA 14 in these environments, but would love to use 15 as soon as the problem is resolved.
Hope the above info helps.
Running FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 with FileMaker Server 15.0.2 on the same machine, I was unable to replicate the issue under Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.11.6.
Currently, I don't have access to a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine. When I do, I will try to install FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 (even though it is unsupported under Windows Server) and try to replicate the issue. I hope to do this by Friday.
I have access to a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine. This is what I have done.
1. I installed FileMaker Server 15.0.2. Other than entering the name and License Key, I used all the defaults. When asked for the optional Bonjour install, I took it knowing that FileMaker Pro would have also asked for it.
2. FileMaker Server 15.0.2 was deployed, and Admin Console showed the FMServer_Sample file as open.
3. I installed FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2 (64-bit). Installation was successful - no issues.
4. I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2 and closed the opening page. I went to Open Remote, added a favorite host using the IP Address of the current machine, and the FMServer_Sample file displayed. I opened the file to ensure this was working properly.
5. I created a new solution "Test.fmp12" with one Text field "Name" and saved it to the Desktop. I turned on Network Sharing, turned off Auto-login from File Options, and added the password "admin" to the Admin account.
6. One record was added where Name = "TSGal".
7. The file was uploaded to FileMaker Server (warning messages for default certificate), and the file was opened.
8. I opened Script Workspace, added a new script and entered two Set Variable script steps:
Set Variable [ $value ; Value: 1 ]
Set Variable [ $string ; Value: "TSGal" ]
9. I saved the script and exited Script Workspace. No disconnect.
10. To make sure I was still connected, I added another record and committed the changes.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the disconnect message.
This is still an issue, cannot use FMA 15.02 while 14 works perfectly.
Either 15 freezes or disconnects
Same system as originally reported
To date, I cannot replicate the issue using either Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Mac OS X 10.11.6. All were using Open Remote and referenced by IP Address.
I do not have access to Parallels, so does Parallels have a separate IP Address than the Mac? If a different IP Address, then FileMaker will see this as two different machines.
When using Open Remote, are you referencing the file by IP Address? FQDN? localhost?
I am happy to have a TeamViewer session so you can see the issue on both systems first hand.
Even though I cannot replicate the issue, and with the limited information received, I have sent this to Development and Testing for guidance. When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.