1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2016 4:52 AM by schamblee

FM Go Communication with Server

FM_New_Dev

Hi All,

Must admit that FM community is proving to be a big asset to my FM learning as i was kinda scared to jump on to a FM project in the middle with no prior FM knowledge at all.

I am facing few challenges from FM Go sometimes. Problems are caused by the Mobile Internet or In house internet congestion (where Server is hosted)

We are using FM server 14.0.4 on Windows Server 2012 R2.  Open script is pretty straightforward, it directs users to a different layouts based on Application Version. However, still at times Go users end up on start-up dashboard layout of the Pro users. Script steps are quite definitive about this:

If (Application Version) = "Go" then Ipad layout Else "Pro users layout"

Could this layout be coming from cache??

Second problem is that Mobile users have to enter into Find Mode and find record based on Account Name and Date but if there is any communication problem in between the Find Mode, it brings First record from the respective table which is wrong.

I  hope i have made my question clear.

Thanks

• 1. Re: FM Go Communication with Server
          schamblee

Could this layout be coming from cache??

No, FM / FMGo is only going to the layout that it is told to return too.   You have a bug somewhere in your script.

Take a look at one of the starter solutions.  The OnFirstWindowOpen script trigger has the script you need to look at.  The OnFirstWindowOpen only first when the database first opens.  You may have to can device / application version in your other scripts.

Second problem is that Mobile users have to enter into Find Mode and find record based on Account Name and Date but if there is any communication problem in between the Find Mode, it brings First record from the respective table which is wrong.

You will have to have setup error trapping.