4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 7:57 PM by alc

New Dropbox Issue

alc

I'm not sure when exactly this started (FMP 14? FMGo 14?, iOS9x.?) but for years I've sucessfully used a script which backs up my DB to my Dropbox folder - so that I can open a current version on my iOS devices.

The script "effectively" replaces the current file in my dropbox folder on my computer's HD (by maintaining the current name). OR at least it SHOULD be replacing the file.

As I said, this worked for years. Lately I've noticed :that when I open the file on an iOS device (via dropbox > "open in" > "copy to filemaker") It DOESN"T open the newest version.

Checking within dropbox: the file modification date IS correct. However FMGo displays older date when looking within  the App.

Efforts have included deleting the older file within FMGo device Tab, then quitting FMGo, then sending again via DropBox. (I've made sure that the file is downloaded to my device in DBX)

The only way I seem to be able to get the latest version to appear on iOS is by MANUALLY changing the name within my dropbox folder via the Finder. This is naturally a major pain...

Has anyone else had this happen? Workarounds?

Specs (should they matte) r: MacOS X Yosemite (10.10.5); FMA v14.05; iOS 9.3.1 - (iPads and iPhone)

Thanks in advance