5 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 2:50 PM by rgordon

Pagination Off

VivianMartin

I have most of my users on Macs, but there are 2 users on PC's.  When printing is done on the PC's the paging is off, but it prints correctly on the IMacs and MacBooks.  Does anyone else encounter this problem?  Is there a solution?  Could it be the print drivers?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Pagination Off
          rgordon

Macs and PCs display and print differently.  Things tend to grow on the PC side.  When doing cross platform development, I highly recommend using pts for line spacing instead of lines.  Also pick a good cross-platform font.  I usually have good luck with Arial.

• 2. Re: Pagination Off
            VivianMartin

Thank you for your response.  I am using Helvetica Neue, mainly because I heard it was compatible with FMGo.  I have about 15 clients on iPads.  I never thought of using pts for the spacing.

I am already scripting to determine whether the user is on a iPad or a Mac, and I have separate forms..  What if I had the print be reduced for PC's when printing, maybe 90% or 95%? 

• 3. Re: Pagination Off
              rgordon

Reducing will not work properly. I used to use Helvetica Neue in FMGO 12 and 13 but found that in FileMaker Go 14, Arial printed better and it worked better with Mac and PCs.

Roy Gordon

PSFE

Sent from my iPhone

• 4. Re: Pagination Off
                VivianMartin

Thanks again for your response.  I have an very large number of forms so I'm not wanting to have to redo every form.  In the future, I will take you advice about the font when creating new layouts.  For now, I may just replace the 2 PC's with Macs.  LOL  Easier solution for me.

• 5. Re: Pagination Off
                  rgordon

That would be the easiest solution!

Roy Gordon

PSFE

Sent from my iPhone