2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2016 6:26 PM by mikeo'neil

Import on FMGO 14

mikeo'neil

Hi Folks,

I am having an issue with getting an Import process to work on Filemaker Go 14. All I want to do is to be able to send (update) records to a Source file on the laptop from Go and be able to receive updated records on GO from the Source file.  I want to learn this before I take on the Sync Process.

Source File runs on FMP 14

Target File runs on GO 14

I am following the process listed in the Filemaker GO 14 Development Guide (pg. 7) titled “Importing to and from a transferred file”. I have tried both examples listed and I have gotten Example 1 to work fine (Import to GO from Source file on a laptop). Example 2 is what is not working (refreshing Source1.fmp12 on the laptop with records from Target1.fmp12 on GO).

MBP OSX 10.11.5

FMPA 14.0.4

FMS 14.0.4

GO 14

iPhone 5S 9.3.1

Network: Wireless Apple Airport Extreme

I have a simple file named “Target1” that I placed on Go. I have an exact duplicate file named Source1 on the laptop.

On Go: I have opened Source1.fmp12 remotely on Go from iPhone per guide instructions. I activated the Script listed in Example 2. I receive Error 3 [Command is unavailable (for example, wrong operating system or mode)]. However, if I place both files on the laptop and activate the script it works as desired.

Example:2

Allow User Abort (Off)

Set Error Capture (On)

Show All Records

Set Variable $Fpath  Get ( DocumentsPath ) & "Target1.fmp12"

Import Records ($Fpath ; Update matching; Mac Roman

file:Target1.fmp12

Set Variable $errorSource Get (LastError)

Show Dialog $errorSource

What Part of This don’t I understand…? I am sure there is someone who has “been there and done that!” that might be able to tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks,

Mike