1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2016 6:59 AM by erolst

Help with creating field to email/print

bishop0072

I have a table with 2 text fields, Cardio_Type and Cardio_Name and a container, Report_Container.  I have a Layout Reports that end user can create new records and place pdf for that record.  I have another Layout Reports 2, that shows all the reports plus I have Button Bar for Email link, PDF link and Print link.  Is there a way in Layout Reports 2 that once those text fields are created that I can have those links in the Button Bar work? 

I know I possibly need more fields in Layout Reports but I don't know what to do next. 

• 1. Re: Help with creating field to email/print
          erolst

bishop0072 wrote:

Is there a way in Layout Reports 2 that once those text fields are created that I can have those links in the Button Bar work?

Created or filled?

Not exactly sure what your issue is.

If you want a user be able to create an e-mail and/or a PDF, or print, write a script (or several) that does just that, incl. all the usual checks – foremost, I guess, whether those (or other) fields aren't empty.

Then tie the scripts to the buttons (or segments).

bishop0072 wrote:

I know I possibly need more fields in Layout Reports …

If and where you need those fields depends on your workflow.

Is there is a standard e-mail address? Store it somewhere; is there is a standard mail body or subject? Ditto.

If these information can vary depending e.g. on the type, create a Type table and store them there. Now put in the type not as text, but use a foreign key field; then reference these contents in your script via a relationship where Table::type = Type::id.

bishop0072 wrote:

… but I don't know what to do next.

Ask yourself: what would the user (want to) do next?