1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2016 7:10 AM by TSGal

FMPro15 Installation: "Register FileMaker" failed

Benjamin Fehr

Product and version:  FMPro 15

OS and version: Mac OSX 10.11

Hardware: iMac

Description: When performing Installation of FMPro 15, the final process with "Register FileMaker" failed with Message "Couldn't connect to Server".

Internet Connection works (I was using TeamViewer to access customers Computer), Apple Mail with no Email Accounts established. This happened Mai, 27., about 10:30 AM Europe Time.

I wonder if this issue could have same cause as this report which really hurts me:

Send Mail [Send via SMTP] with SSL Error

How to replicate: purchase a overpriced ($ ~500.- in Swiss FMI Store!!!) FMPro 15 Version [Download], download and install to see a error message where FM should say "Install successful"!

Workaround: skip the error message and apologize to customer for any inconvenience

FMP15_Registrierung.jpg

• 1. Re: FMPro15 Installation: "Register FileMaker" failed
          TSGal

Benjamin Fehr:

Thank you for your post.

The registration server may have been inaccessible at the time you tried to register.  To make sure the registration server is up and running, I just registered one minute ago.  Please try again by pulling down the Help menu and selecting "Register FileMaker Pro".

This issue is related to our registration server and has no relation to your SMTP server.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.