2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 2:29 AM by Tanner

Dropdown depending on tab

Tanner

Hi,

I have got 3 tabs. Names are e.g. Chief, Employee, assistants.

Company have got 2 Chiefs, 5 assistants and 20 Empoyees.

If I want to make an entry on each tab, only the relevant persons should be shown in the list and not every employees in the company.

Example:

1. Click on the first tab.

2. Click on the field Name --> List of Employees should be shown but ONLY Name of the CHIEFS.

3. The Assitant work on the same projects, so they notice also their spent time in the project. They click on the tap "Assistant" and only the group assitants should be shown and not the chiefs.

I have triedseveral ways. With SQLExecute and Select statement I get a list but not seperated in dropdown.

How I can realize it?

Thankyou.

BR

Taner

• 1. Re: Dropdown depending on tab
          beverly

first it appears that you have TWO questions.

1. tab panel with three tabs, each with a portal to names.

2. choice of dropdown selection

I'll address the portal and showing different information in each one. To make the names portal on the tab "Chief" show ONLY those names, you need to filter by the 'type'.

* Filtering records in portals | FileMaker

So in your portal setup dialog, select the "Filter portal records" and "Specify". Enter

Names::type = "Chief" // using your field name, of course

repeat for the other tabs (filter the portal - by the appropriate word.

Try that and see if you have further questions. Or if I have misinterpreted your needs.

beverly

• 2. Re: Dropdown depending on tab
            Tanner

Hi,

Thank you very much, you bring me on the right path.

Description:

• Have got 3 tabs within the tab-Element seperated in Cheif, Assitant, Worker
            • If I click on the tab "Worker", all worker should be listed in dropdown list and I select the name

Problem:

If I click on the tab "Worker", also the chief was within the dropdown list. So everytime I have to select between all of the persons.

My solution:

I have spend 3 special auto-enter named "Chief", "Worker", "Assitant"  fields on each tab and place them behind the enter field. A special relationship between employees and "Types" brings the solution.

BR

Tanner