2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2016 3:24 AM by AndreasT

Show All Records loses current record focus intermittantly on FileMaker Pro 14

AndreasT

Version: FileMaker Pro 14.04 / FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.05

Platform: Mac OS X 10.10.5

Server: FMS 14.04 Windows 64 bit.

I discovered another issue with FileMaker Pro 14 today, which can not be reproduced on 13 or 15.

After using a Go To Related Record from a portal, I use a sequence of script steps to isolate the current record.

Show All Records

Omit Record

Show Omitted

This has the desired effect, except in some cases on FM 14 where the current record focus is lost and the first record in the table becomes the current record.

This has obvious issues and can be disastrous. In this case a prescription was being printed in the wrong name ...

The issue remains for that record or a few records until restarting FM Pro. Then it works for a while and can reappear on the same record, or can appear in a new place.

The issue can be hard to reproduce, but I can make a video and send it via PM if wanted.

It almost makes me suspicious of a database issue, but it works perfectly in version 13 and 15.

• 1. Re: Show All Records loses current record focus intermittantly on FileMaker Pro 14
          TSGal

AndreasT:

Thank you for your post.

A video would definitely be helpful.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

From your description, I am unable to determine if the issue is with Go To Related Record puts focus on the wrong record, or if the other script steps are failing.

I realize the issue is hard to reproduce, so the next time the prescription is printed with the wrong name, let me know if the wrong name record is one of the records in the found portal set.  If so, notice if it is next to the related record, first, or last.  Any other observations could be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Show All Records loses current record focus intermittantly on FileMaker Pro 14
            AndreasT

Sorry for the long delay, but the issue has been elusive and I havent been able to capture it on video. I am giving up on a solution for this as I am trying to move clients over to 15 to avoid the multitude of issues still present in 14, sorry to say.

As a remedy for this issue, I have installed a control mechanism to check if we really are on the right record before printing the prescription. If not, the user is given a notification that an error occured and that the application must close.

Edit: I just had a hunch that this issue probably is related to the timing issue that has been reported earlier with server 14v4. This client is still on server version 14.v4 as it is a shared server and never will be upgraded to 15 because of the new license policy.