Fred(CH)

Conditionnal formatting not updated after exiting a Portal Row

Discussion created by Fred(CH) on May 31, 2016
Latest reply on May 10, 2017 by Fred(CH)

Product and version

FileMaker Pro 15.0.1

OS and version

OS X and Windows

Hardware

iMac Retina 5K 27'' Late 2014

Description

With FileMaker 13 and 14 on Mac and Windows, it was possible to set up a conditional formatting based on a summary field to change dynamically the text's color of a field when the row was active, useful to contrast accordingly the fill of the active state of the row.

Although it is still working in 15, when the user is leaving the portal (i.e. go to a main table field), the conditional formatting is no longer updated. An additionnal refresh portal is needed, which is not easy to fire automatically.

Moreover, A LOT of existing solution may be broken in some ways by this new behavior.

How to replicate

With FileMaker 13 or 14 and then with 15, open my sample file below, push the test button. See how the text is stuck with wrong conditional format with FM 15 compared to the previous versions.

Workaround

None acceptable found : firing a refresh portal step is not easy in this case because you have to execute the refresh AFTER  exiting the portal. If the user is exiting the portal by clicking on the layout's background, the layout script triggers does not help.

Remark

This one is unfortunately a NO GO for me, since this will break all my 50 different solutions and hundreds of layouts. Stuck with 13...

Outcomes