10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 9:21 AM by DSKatSCL

Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year

vince@supportgroup.com

Product and version FMS 15.0.1.137 and WebDirect

OS and version 10.11.5 for Server (Any supported for client)

Browser and version Chrome

Description If you format a date fields as "mm/dd/yy" instead of "mm/dd/yyyy" and attach a Drop-down calendar attribute to it, often times it picks "00yy" instead of "20yy" or "19yy"

Workaround Format the data as "mm/dd/yyyy"

• 1. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
          TSGal

vince:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a test file with a Date field "Date" and a Calculation field "DateCalc" with the formula:  Date

2. I formatted "Date" to display with 12/25/14.

3. I also formatted "Date" with a Pop-up calendar.

4. I created a record, selected today's date, and it displays 5/31/16 in "Date" and 5/31/2016 in "DateCalc".

5. I turned on Network Sharing and WebDirect.

6. I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 15 under Mac OS X 10.11.5.

7. I accessed the hosted file remotely via FileMaker Pro 15, created a new record, and selected a date earlier in the month (5/18/16 and 5/18/2016).

8. I launched Google Chrome (51), and accessed the hosted file via WebDirect.

9. I created a record, selected a random date, and it displays properly.

10. I created 11 more records, each with a random date from the Drop-down calendar, and the year shows correctly in "DateCalc".

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
            vince@supportgroup.com

TSGal

1. Create file with 1 field called “Date”

2. Format it as a "mm/dd/yy" instead of "mm/dd/yyyy” 

3. Format it as a Drown-down calendar

4. Host it on a v15 server

5. Login with any browser on any OS

6. Pick a date and you will most like get a “00YY” instead of the year you picked

We have a file hosted, if you wish to witness the behavior…reach out to us off-line and we can give you the address.

VINCE DOLAN

CORPORATE SYSTEMS ENGINEER

CERTIFIED FILEMAKER DEVELOPER

T.508.270.8400 EXT.221

F.508.270.0525

WWW.SUPPORTGROUP.COM

• 3. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
              TSGal

vince:

> 1. Create file with 1 field called "Date".

Done.  I created "1b.fmp12".

> 2. Format it as a "mm/dd/yy" instead of "mm/dd/yyyy".

I initially formatted the field as 12/25/14, but since you want two digit month and day, I adjusted the month and day to have leading zeroes.

> 3. Format it as a Drop-down calendar

Done.

> 4. Host it on a v15 server

Before doing that, I had to turn on Network Sharing and configure for WebDirect.  Once that was done, I uploaded to a Mac OS X 10.11.5 server running FileMaker Server 15.0.1.

> 5. Login with any browser on any OS

Under Mac OS X 10.11.5, I launched both Safari and Chrome and logged into the file.

> 6. Pick a date and you will most like get a "00YY" instead of the year you picked.

I've entered several records, deleted records, edited records, etc.  In all cases, I get the correct year.

Please contact me privately with the server information so I can upload my file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
                TSGal

vince:

Your email was forwarded to me by our Technical Support contact.

Although I can see the issue with your file on your server, I cannot replicate the issue with my file on my server.  You did not include any upload information, so I will have our Technical Support contact send you my file and you can upload it to your server.  This will let me know if it is your file or server and how to proceed next.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
                  TSGal

vince:

Your latest email was forwarded to me by our Technical Support contact.  Thank you.

Working with another Support Technician on another machine, we are now able to replicate the issue with our own file hosted on FileMaker Server 15.  The issue does not occur under FileMaker Server 14.  In essence, if a Date field is empty, the correct date will be entered.  When a date exists, changing the contents to another date will set the year to "00xx".  The workaround is to either manually change the date, or clear the contents and select a new date.

I have sent your posts, along with our sample file, to our Development and Testing teams for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
                    TSGal

vince:

Testing has confirmed the issue, and all information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
                      DSKatSCL

We are experiencing the same issue.

Product and version FMS 15.0.2.206 and WebDirect

OS and version Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1

Browser and version Chrome or Internet Explorer

Description If you format a date fields as "mm/dd/yy" instead of "mm/dd/yyyy" and attach a Drop-down calendar attribute to it, often times it picks "00yy" instead of "20yy" or "19yy"

Workaround Format the data as "mm/dd/yyyy"

Even though the date states 10/25/2016 when selected it showed only 16 as formatted, notice that the drop down calendar only picked up the 16 from the year that is formatted as YY, so when the new date is saved back to the field the 20 is dropped and you end up wit a year 0016.

If the year is formatted as YYYY, then the whole year is picked up by the drop down calendar and everything works fine. This used to work just fine in 14.

If you are then bypassing the dropdown calendar and typing in the date, you will also need to type all four digits of the year or the date saved will not contain the 20 and your year in the date field will end up being 0016.  You used to be able to type in just the last 2 digits for a current year entry.

• 8. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
                        TSGal

DSKatSCL:

Thank you for your post and screen shots.  This is definitely the same issue, and I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
                          TSGal

vince, DSKatSCL:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Server 15.0.3.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Date Picker Broken on 2 Digit Year
                            DSKatSCL

Thank you for the update!

Don Kenchel