AnsweredAssumed Answered

Combining a dd and popup to set a layout's record

Question asked by tays01s on May 31, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 by tays01s

I have table/layout 'Licence'. Ultimately will have a lot of records so I'd like to be able to copy/paste possible existing emails or auto-complete them. For this I need a drop-down on the 'License::Email' with the value list as all values of the same field. From a previous trick someone taught me, I'd put a pop-up over this in order to display the actual email using License::__ID with the value list from the same field: License::__ID & 2nd field License::Email. There would be an invisible button over the popup to take the user to the dd underneath.

The invisible button script correctly takes me to the dd and this correctly shows the value list initially. However, when I use the dd to set the __ID field the 'on modify' script trigger for:

If [ not IsEmpty (Licenses::Lic_email) ]

Set Field [ Licenses::__ID; ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT \"__ID\" FROM \"Licenses\" WHERE \"Email\" = ?"; ""; ""; Licenses:: Lic_email) ]

End If

fails to change record correctly. It appears stuck on one record. Also the dd does not allow 'auto-complete' even though 'browse' is checked.

Outcomes