3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 7:33 AM by fclark

Cancel Button in a custom dialog

sherab4

How do I cause the window to revert back to Browse mode once the Cancel button has been click in a Custom dialog. At the moment it remains in find mode. the script I am using is attached.

• 1. Re: Cancel Button in a custom dialog
          erolst

Use Get(LastMessageChoice) and an If[] conditional step to decide how to branch:

If [ Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = theNumberOfYourCancelButton ]

do this

Else

do that

btw, it's a good idea to enter Find mode before you switch layouts, so you don't have to load a found set you're not interested in.

Also, if you use a custom dialog for data entry, you should check the data on validity. It's easier if you use a global field for data entry and have FM do the check for you, based on the field's data type.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Cancel Button in a custom dialog
            Stigge

As erolst says should work.

If [ Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1]

OK button, do this.

Else

Cancel button, do this

end If

i never tryed it.  but am guessing by checking the "Commit Data" on Cancel field.

You can then use If [ Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 2] to get to the Cancel option..

But thats only my guess =) never used it.

• 3. Re: Cancel Button in a custom dialog
              fclark

You do not have to check the commit box to get access to get(lastmessagechoice) = 2. but if you have data in a field in the dialog window the commit must be checked to have access to that data.