2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2016 5:09 PM by dburnham

Text Format Style "Condensed" causes excessively large line spacing

dburnham

I have no idea why this happens, but it doesn't exist in FileMaker Pro 14, only in FileMaker 15.

Platform:  Macintosh

OS-X 10.11.5

FileMaker Advanced 15.0.1.119

The file has been in existence since several previous versions.

The attached screen shots illustrate the line spacing when "Condensed" is removed from the field properties and it is returned to "Plain Text", and what it looks like when Condensed is chosen.   You can see the difference by viewing the Text baselines.

• 1. Re: Text Format Style "Condensed" causes excessively large line spacing
          TSGal

dburnham:

Thank you for your post.

Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1 under Mac OS X 10.11.5, I am unable to replicate the issue.  I have tried several different files; some new, and some as old as FileMaker Pro 7.

Does this spacing occur for every field on the layout?  If so, does this spacing occur for all layouts?  If you create a new database file with one text field, are you able to replicate the spacing issue?  I'm trying to determine if it is a field issue, a layout issue or a file issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Text Format Style "Condensed" causes excessively large line spacing
            dburnham

To be perfectly candid with you, I can't say that I will be able to answer these questions any time soon.  I am scrambling to finish a number of projects this week before going out of town for a week, but I will keep an eye out for other places where the same thing might occur.

For now, I have only seen it in one database, on one layout, in 2 fields.

I seldom use the "Condensed" text style, so testing this in other databases, other layouts, etc. may take some more time and effort than I have right now.  I just wanted to be prompt about reporting it today.

Unless others report the same thing, you could consider it unimportant.   One thing I hesitate to do in reporting it, however, is to use the word "Style" since it has a new meaning in the Inspector and I don't want to mislead you.