AnsweredAssumed Answered

ODBC: This action cannot be performed because the required table is missing

Question asked by onilke on Jun 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 by user19752

I am working with FMPro14, FMServer 14 and would like to link in one or more tables from MS SQL Server 2014. (The FMServer runs on Windows Server 2008 R2. MS SQL Server runs on Windows Server 2012 R2. FMPro runs on Windows 7 Pro.)

I have installed ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server on the Windows server running FMServer. (The somewhat older SQL Server Native Client 11.0 is also present - and gives the same results as the first mentioned.)

When I create a DSN trying to use Windows Integrated Authentication, I only get a message that "The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again."

When I create a DSN using username and password registered in SQL Server (not recommended) I get at list of SQL Server tables and views to choose from. But when I choose one of them, I get the message that "This action cannot be performed because the required table is missing" - even though it is clearly present, both in the list and in SQL Server. (And the table and view names are all in a xx_xxxxxx format - letters and underscore, perhaps a number. No blanks.)

How come, and how to handle?

Outcomes