6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 8:48 PM by PSI

Printing - Set Record Count Per page

PSI

I need to put a count of records on each page of a Bill Of Lading. There is a footer on each page that the customer has to sign so they need an accurate count per page.

Get ( RecordNumber )  behaves differently depending upon how I display it. For Example.... In preview mode the first page shows 7 records of a BOL with 35 records.

I created a calculation field:  zgRC [ Get ( RecordCount ) ; unstored ]

If put zgRC on the layout in preview mode it returns 7

When I reference it in a script it shows different values.

{{RecordNumber}} on the layout shows 8.

Very inconsistent results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

• 1. Re: Printing - Set Record Count Per page
          user19752

Which do you want, count of records in the page, or last record number in the page?

You got 8 in footer as when reached at the position record 7 is already done then pointer to current record may be now in the next record.

• 2. Re: Printing - Set Record Count Per page
            PSI

user19752 wrote:

Which do you want, count of records in the page, or last record number in the page?

You got 8 in footer as when reached at the position record 7 is already done then pointer to current record may be now in the next record.

What I need is to be able to calculate the Count of records for each page that prints.

I find it odd that {{RecordNumber}} would show a different value than a calculation field Get ( RecordNumber )

The calculation field is correct there are 7 records on the first page. {{RecordNumber}} is not.

My plan was to use a few global fields to store the count for each page. Using the calculation field in the script it doesn't equal 7. Sometimes it's 1 sometimes it's 3.

• 3. Re: Printing - Set Record Count Per page
              user19752

So you need to store last record number of each page and count the difference, can't use {{RecordNumber}} direct in layout.

My test got +1 value on all pages, so if I can get always the same result it is usable, but?

using "hide object when" calculation in body as

Let (

$$recordNumbers[Get(pagenumber)] = Max ( $$recordNumbers[Get(PageNumber)] ; Get(RecordNumber) )

; 0 )

• 4. Re: Printing - Set Record Count Per page
                PSI

user19752 wrote:

So you need to store last record number of each page and count the difference, can't use {{RecordNumber}} direct in layout.

My test got +1 value on all pages, so if I can get always the same result it is usable, but?

Let (

$$recordNumbers[Get(pagenumber)] = Max ( $$recordNumbers[Get(PageNumber)] ; Get(RecordNumber) )

; 0 )

Not sure I get what you mean. I tried this. I put {{RecordNumber}} in the footer. I set Hide object to your calc.

Is that what you intended?

• 5. Re: Printing - Set Record Count Per page
                  user19752

Sorry I wrote the half of it since it has unresolved issue. In footer I put

<<$$recordCount>>

and use "hide object when" as

Let ( [

$pn = Get(PageNumber)

; $$recordCount = $$recordNumbers[$pn] - Case ( $pn > 1 ; $$recordNumbers[$pn - 1] )

] ; 0 )

this calculate difference of the record numbers.

On the 1st page this shows expected value +1. Easy for patch it, but I'm not sure if it is always 1.

• 6. Re: Printing - Set Record Count Per page
                    PSI

user19752 wrote:

Sorry I wrote the half of it since it has unresolved issue. In footer I put

<<$$recordCount>>

and use "hide object when" as

Let ( [

$pn = Get(PageNumber)

; $$recordCount = $$recordNumbers[$pn] - Case ( $pn > 1 ; $$recordNumbers[$pn - 1] )

] ; 0 )

this calculate difference of the record numbers.

On the 1st page this shows expected value +1. Easy for patch it, but I'm not sure if it is always 1.

The above combined with the previous works.

The only thing I needed to add was a script to clear the $$recordNumbers [x] variables.

"{{RecordNumber}} - on the layout but off to the side in non-printing area

Let (

; 0 )"

Thanks!!

John