Troi Automatisering releases Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 for FileMaker Pro 15
June 2nd, 2016, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 for FileMaker Pro 15.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to external devices with a serial interface:
- Read from and write to the (virtual) serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application.
- Native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database.
- "Serial_Control" function to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
- "Wait for Match" function to wait for a specific text before triggering.
- The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports.
What is new in version 4.5?
Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 has been made compatible with FileMaker 15:
- Further improved the multi-threading behavior of the plug-in when running in FileMaker Pro 15.
- Added description and type-ahead information for all functions of the plug-in. This extra function description will be shown in FileMaker Pro 15 in the Specify Calculation dialog box when you type a function name and also as a text popup in the functions pane on the right. The type-ahead information is used by the auto complete functionality of FileMaker Pro 15.
Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 has the following new functionality:
- Added new switch to Serial_Receive function: -Encoding=BytesOnly. This will store all received bytes to the same byte values (Unicode 0 to 255).
- Added new switch to Serial_Receive function: -ConvertBytesToNumbers. This switch will directly convert all received bytes to their numeric value. The function will for example return "65 66 67 ", which would be Unicode "ABC".
In addition to this, version 4.5 has several bug fixes and further improvements. We also updated the User Guide.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 and earlier can be found at:
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 is available for downloading at Troi's web site at:
Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 works with FileMaker Pro 12, 13, 14 and 15. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 to 15. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.6 or higher and for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
A cross platform developer license costs US$ 999. Details can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5 also works with FileMaker Server 12, 13, 14 and 15 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect.
Version 4.5 needs a new registration. Users who bought a license for Troi Serial Plug-in on or after May 12, 2015 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 4.5. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after 6 June 2016.
Upgrades from a cross platform developer license bought before 12 May 2015 are available from US$ 499. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering has over 15 years experience in developing high quality cross platform plug-ins for FileMaker Pro and is winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award. For more information, visit our web site at: