0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 1:23 PM by jaketraynham

The "type ahead word list" for plug-in functions is not being used

jaketraynham

Product and version: FileMaker Pro 15.0.1

Description: The "type ahead word list" for plug-in functions is not being used

How to replicate:

1. Create a plug-in

2. Use the new RegisterExternalFunctionEx function to register a plug-in function, specifying a "type ahead word list"

3. Run FileMaker and open a calculation from Script Workspace

4. Try to type one of the words from the "type ahead word list"

Expected results:

Typing any of the words from the "type ahead word list" should bring up the function.

Actual results:

The words from the "type ahead word list" specified in the RegisterExternalFunctionEx call are not being used.

Observations and/or Suggested Fixes

It would seem the older code that is trying to auto-generate the "type ahead word list" is overwriting what is being specified in the RegisterExternalFunctionEx call. For example, I have a function named "SMTPit_AddEmailHeader" and am specifying "SMTPit Add Email Message Header" as the "type ahead word list". I cannot type "email", "message", or "header" to bring up the function, but typing "smtpit" or "add" does. If I change my function prototype to be "SMTPit_Add_Email_Header", I then can type "smtpit", "add", "email", and "header" to get the function, but "message" still does not bring it up. The reason seems to be because the code that is auto-generating the "type ahead word list" is splitting that prototype on the underscores and ignoring the "type ahead word list" I specified.