0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 1:24 PM by jaketraynham

The calculation function search highlight is not highlighting the correct part of plug-in functions

jaketraynham

Product and version: FileMaker Pro 15.0.1

Description: The calculation function search highlight is not highlighting the correct part of plug-in functions

How to replicate:

1. Create a plug-in

2. Use the new RegisterExternalFunctionEx function to register a plug-in function, specifying a "type ahead word list"

3. Run FileMaker and open a calculation from Script Workspace

4. Use the function search box in the top-right and try to type a few of the words from the "type ahead word list"

Expected Results:

The function would show up in the results list with the correct part of the function name highlighted.

Actual Results:

The function does show up for any of the words in the "type ahead word list", however, the wrong part of the function name is highlighted.

Observations and/or Suggested Fixes:

I'm testing this with my function named "SMTPit_AddEmailHeader". Because of the way I'm automating some of the code in my plug-ins, the type ahead word list for that function is "Add Email Header Message SMTPit". So, if I use the calculation function search and type in "add", my SMTPit_AddEmailHeader function shows up in the results, but the "SMT" part of it is what is highlighted. Similarly if I search for "email", the function shows up, but "it_Ad" is highlighted. So, it's using the index of the search word in the "type ahead word list" instead of finding that actual string of characters in the function name that it's displaying.