0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 1:27 PM by jaketraynham

If a plug-in function defines a description, only put it in the type-ahead tool tip/pop up

jaketraynham

Product and version: FileMaker Pro 15.0.1

Description: If a plug-in function defines a description, only put it in the type-ahead tool tip/pop up

How to replicate:

1. Create a plug-in

2. Use the new RegisterExternalFunctionEx function to register a plug-in function, specifying the functionPrototype "Plugin_Version\r/*Returns the plug-in version*/" with a description of "Returns the plug-in version".

3. Run FileMaker and open a calculation from Script Workspace

4. Start typing "version"

Expected Results:

I would expect to just see "Returns the plug-in version" in the description part of the type-ahead pop up.

Actual Results:

I see this in the description part of the type-ahead pop up:

PluginVersion

/*Returns the plug-in version*/

Returns the plug-in version

It's putting both the function prototype and the description in the pop up.

Observations and/or Suggested Fixes:

None of the built-in calculation functions show their function prototypes in this description part, so it seems that if a plug-in function is registered with the new RegisterExternalFunctionEx function and a description is given, that only that would show up as well. I understand that previously throwing the function prototype in there was "on a whim" for plug-in functions, and was great before we had RegisterExternalFunctionEx, but now it needs to be updated to look better.