Need an little advice on setting up an SSL Certificate for my FMS15 machine. I'm a newbie at this. Here's the setup...
- Domain is with an external company that points it to my IP address.
- I have a machine running OS X Server running a couple services
- The OS X Server has a self-signed certificate on it
- FileMaker Server 15 is running on OS X El Capitan (non-server) via Parallels
- Router passes all FM-related stuff to the VM, that's been working fine until now
Where does the Certificate get installed? On the parent machine or on the VM?
I originally installed it on the VM and am getting a host name mismatch error. When I view the certificate via FM15 there are 3 levels displayed. The first two are fine. The third level gives the not-valid error/host name mismatch.
Not sure where to look first. Any suggestions?