5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2016 5:57 AM by Benjamin Fehr

Win7 - Picture fail after file been edited on Mac

Benjamin Fehr

Product and version:  FMPA14-64, FMPA15-32, FMPA15-64bit

OS and version: Windows 7 (on Mac via Parallels VM)

Hardware: MBP13" Retina - late 2013

Description: a solution being edited with FMPA 15 on Mac OS later fails to render gif-pictures in Layout on Win 7

How to replicate:

- do any editing on your FM-File on Mac with FM15. Pictures have not been touched!

- copy to Win 7

- rendering of pictures fail on Win 7 for FMPA14 AND FMPA15, 32- AND 64-bit Versions showing a pict-symbol icon

- probably no issue with .png OR .jpg

- rendering on Win 10 works as expected

Workaround: None found for Win 7. Probably specifying Windows 10 as "Minimal Requirements"

Win7_15-64.png

• 1. Re: Win7 - Picture fail after file been edited on Mac
          TSGal

Benjamin Fehr:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. On a Windows 7 machine (using VirtualBox on Mac OS X 10.11.5), I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1, and created a database file with a few Text fields.

2. Launching Internet Explorer 11, I searched for GIF files, and downloaded a sample file.

3. In FileMaker Pro Advanced 15, I inserted the GIF file onto the layout and saved it.  The GIF looks fine.

4. I copied the file to my Mac OS X 10.11.5 machine, and opened the file using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1.

5. I modified the layout (not touching the GIF), edited the record in Browse, and closed the file.

6. On the Windows 7 machine, I deleted the old file, and then copied the file from the Mac onto the Windows machine.

7. I opened the copied file on the Windows 7 machine with FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1, and the GIF still appears.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Win7 - Picture fail after file been edited on Mac
            Benjamin Fehr

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

I'm experiencing this with a existing solution which basically was created on Mac OS. All programming, editing and layout work takes place on Mac. Some Pictures where inserted into this solution back in FM11.

I sent you a mail with Link to my Dropbox.

• 3. Re: Win7 - Picture fail after file been edited on Mac
              Benjamin Fehr

I wonder:

Is this native FMP processing doing the rendering of container fields OR is it processed by the MS Internet Explorer Webkit?

• 5. Re: Win7 - Picture fail after file been edited on Mac
                Benjamin Fehr

some additional informations regarding 'Data Formatting'     Format

Windows 7 - FMPA 15:

Crop to frame     -     works √

Reduce Image to fit     -     fail

Enlarge Image to fit     -     works √

Reduce or enlarge …     -     fail

all tests   

[X]     Maintain  original proportions

activated AND deactivated.