Product and version
FileMaker Pro 15.0.1 and earlier
OS and version
Windows 10 and Earlier
iMac Retina 5K 27'' Late 2014
Under Windows, the type file choice "All type" can lead an importation step to fail with a bad format error (700) if the source file is TAB separated and contains some chars with accents althought :
• there are only regular UTF-8 chars
• the encoding (UTF-8) is indicated within the step options
• the file extension *txt or *tab is specified.
NOTE : this not occurs on Mac and this not occurs with CSV on Windows.
How to replicate
- Open my sample file in attachment on Windows
- Test the third record with À as data, pushing the [Test TAB separator] button (it should fail)
- Test all other records / buttons / configuration (it should work)
Hard to determine... Complexify your code and/or the UX, showing a dialog asking to the enduser what is is exactly the file type to import could be an option...