4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 1:43 PM by MacEasy

Web direct bug with Rotate from iPhone & Android

MacEasy

Anyone else aware of this bug and if you have seen a fix?

I have only tested this with filemaker server 14 and not filemaker server 15.

I tried several different iterations and finally decided I would test it using filemaker's own FMserver_sample.

So type in a field, rotate your phone and wammo you just lost what you typed (or deleted).  Sometimes it keeps 1 letter.

• 1. Re: Web direct bug with Rotate from iPhone & Android
          MacEasy

Please note, I did a script trigger for on object modify to save as you type,  this has a couple obvious disadvantages and then it looses context of which field it's in during the rotation with the script trigger on. 

I was having trouble with a comments field in particular for a deployment to a bunch of service techs in the field who access via android and iPhone, and so this is a work around for them.  I thought I should include that for anyone who has suffered from this bug and needed that work around that is less than ideal.

• 2. Re: Web direct bug with Rotate from iPhone & Android
            MacEasy

One more MAJOR disadvantage to the workaround I state above.  If you use the iPhone feature to have it type the info for you using the microphone, this will not work anymore, because the modify script trigger gets in the way,  you might get a few characters or a word or two, depends I guess maybe on how fast you talk, but definitely fights with the script trigger.   So that makes my work around a deal killer for me, because so many of the techs use that to 'type' their comments.

• 3. Re: Web direct bug with Rotate from iPhone & Android
              miler24

I just quickly tested the rotation problem you described on our WebDirect solution which is on FileMaker Server 15 without an issue on both iOS and Android on smartphones.  The new concealed text feature replaced our previous script trigger for password entry, so that's not an issue either.  We never had a report of an issue on FileMaker 14, but I can't easily test that at this time since we've moved completely to 15.

• 4. Re: Web direct bug with Rotate from iPhone & Android
                MacEasy

Thanks, I really appreciate your response.

I took the time to then test on both windows & Mac servers running v14.04 and both had the issue.

I'll have to get a Filemaker 15 server into production to test.  It's encouraging that you couldn't reproduce on Filemaker Server 15.