2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 10:37 AM by tomperr

Challenges with conditional value list within a portlal

tomperr

Having problems creating 2nd drop down that limits selection based on 1st dropdown within a portal.  I would like to select a project team and assign a role.  In the 1st dropdown, I have a set of "Team Positions".  This populates fine.  In the 2nd popup, I would like to select from a list of personnel that have previously worked that role in other projects OR create a new person not listed.  I understand that the 2nd selection requires popup form to add a new person.  The portal is based on "all_PROJECTS".  The following relationship is in tact.  What is missing?

• 1. Re: Challenges with conditional value list within a portlal
          Extensitech

Shot in the dark:

When you set your second value list, presumably you're selecting "show only related records starting from..."

Make sure you're starting from the portal table occurrence, not the layout table occurrence.

If this isn't the issue, could you put up a screenshot of the value list definition? Maybe even a screenshot of the portal on the layout?

HTH

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 2. Re: Challenges with conditional value list within a portlal
            tomperr

Hi Chris-

I modified my tables to consolidate "positions" with "members".  The portal is based on ProjTeam. Relationships are as follows:

The "position" dropdown selection works.  The conditional value list for "members" works as long as the selection has previously been input.  I would like to have the "members" as popup with allowing entry of other value.  This, I cannot get to work.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.