2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 8:18 AM by lindseym

Conditional Formatting: Multiple formats same field

lindseym

Good Morning,

I have been trying to figure out how to create a conditional format in one field that will only format something that is contained within parentheses (brackets, or a specific instance, i.e., TBD)

I have no problem creating the conditional format to highlight a field.

Here are two examples.

The first example I have the conditional format of: Value is containing "TBD"  Highlight

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 8.47.01 AM.png

What I would like is for only the letters TBD to be highlighted, as shown below (I did this in illustrator to show what I am looking for)

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 8.44.13 AM-01.png

The next instance, I would like to make different parentheses (brackets, or a specific instance, i.e., NEW) to be formatted (see above).

So if an instance is contained in parentheses the copy is changed to bold orange, the "new insert" is left alone.

Bonus points: You can have it format different lines based on that line containing a specific word instead of between brackets as shown.

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.46.38 AM.png

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Also, as I am new to the boards, I searched for my answers (and online) but came up empty handed. I am more geared to WYSIWYG vs "code" and that may be downfall, but I am totally excited to see how I can make FMP work for me. I have already learned things that will save my team and I a tremendous amount of time! Simple... but Leftwords / Rightwords = amazing!