1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 12:35 PM by TSGal

FM Crash with Open Popover and "On Last Window Close"

christopherkuhn

We are experiencing a crashing condition only with the following reproducible conditions -

1) Place a popover on the current layout of the only opened window of a file.

2) 'On Last Window Close' file trigger is implemented with a script containing a 'Go To Layout...' script step.  For testing purposes this is the first step in the script.

3) Close the file while the popover is active (showing the actual popover window).

-- CRASH --

The crash occurs only when the popover is displayed.

I tried inserting a 'Close Popover' script step into the scrip prior to the 'Go To Layout' step, but this did not avert the problem.

Crash report attached

Edit:  The popover is in the header part of the layout.  I think that this problem does not occur if the popover is in the body part of the layout.

• 1. Re: FM Crash with Open Popover and "On Last Window Close"
          TSGal

christopherkuhn:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5 (and FileMaker Pro 15) under Mac OS X 10.10.5.  This is the same configuration as your crash report.  This is what I did:

1. I created a database file with one Text field, "Name", and entered one record with the value "TSGal".

2. In Layout Mode, I increased the height of the Header part, and inserted into the Header a Popover button.

3. In the Popover, I inserted the Name field.  I sized the Popover so its height remains within the Header part.

4. I created a script, "Close Script", with the script step:

Go to Layout [ "Table" ]

5. In File Options, I enabled the script trigger "OnLastWindowClose" to execute "Close Script".

6. I then close the file without any crash.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the crash.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.