1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 8:43 AM by diorella

Features may not be available

diorella

Hi,

Have you seen this error before? I'm using FM Pro 15 version and the solution that I try to open was made in a previous version (14 version)

How can I do to resolve that? When I access the solution through WebDirect it is very slow.. And the same error window displays in the web page

FM Server version? Enhance support for Windows FileMaker Users

• 1. Re: Features may not be available
          Extensitech

I haven't seen this one before, and frankly it doesn't "feel" like a FileMaker standard dialog. Are you sure this isn't a Show Custom Dialog script step in an onFirstWindow script?

HTH

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 2. Re: Features may not be available
            diorella

What do you mean when you say File Maker standard dialog? Sorry, this is the first time I use this tool

• 3. Re: Features may not be available
              TSPigeon

diorella:

Thank you for your post!

I believe Extensitech is on the right path. This isn't a standard FileMaker Dialog. It may be that your solution is scripted to check the FileMaker Version Number and Show Custom Dialog when it isn't one it recognizes or is scripted as a proper version. This would need to be resolved by modifying the script (probably trigger on File Open).

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Features may not be available
                diorella

Thank you,

Trigger on File Open? How can I do that? Could you send an image showing that?

or  where can I modify the script? Is there any location for that.. ?

• 5. Re: Features may not be available
                  Extensitech

In the File menu, select File Options.

Look on the Script Triggers tab to see if there's a script set to run onFirstWindowOpen. Assuming there is, you can see that script in the Script Workspace (File->Manage->Scripts....).

You're looking for a step that will "Show Custom Dialog", probably within an "If" clause.

HTH

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 6. Re: Features may not be available
                    beverly

presuming you can get there (if the dialog does not kick you out...)

beverly

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Features may not be available
                      Extensitech

Good point... Open the file with the old version? Better yet, if you have FileMaker Pro Advanced, turn on the script debugger before opening the file, and you can step through the OFW script when it kicks off.

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 8. Re: Features may not be available
                        diorella

Ok, got it, this field is set up, do I need to uncheck?

Capture.PNG

And this is the script..

Capture1.PNG

I'm using FM Pro 15 version and the solution was made in a 14 version, is there any trial advance version in the File Maker web site?

Thank you,

• 9. Re: Features may not be available
                          BruceRobertson

No, that is not the (entire) script.

• 10. Re: Features may not be available
                            Extensitech

The script you're running onFirstWindow is called "OnOpen". That script apparently runs "Sourcing_Details" as a subscript.

You (almost definitely) don't what to make it so none of the OnOpen script runs, you just want to skip this part. Go into the "OnOpen" script and find out where it's doing Perform Script "Sourcing_Details". You probably just need to disable that section. If you'd like, screenshot the OnOpen script, or the portion in question if the whole thing won't fit, and we can comment further.

HTH

Chris Cain

• 11. Re: Features may not be available
                              diorella

I have already disabled the script by unchecking  "onFirstWindowOpen"  as I showed in the message above, and now this "file maker version checker" window doesn't display anymore. I have another problem when I use webdirect to open the solution.. when I try to click on any button in order to perform a search, it just work if I click around the button not in the center of the button, I use IE 11 and chrome and the same case for both.. it is difficult to navege into it.. Does anybody have perceived that when use webdirect?

Thank you

• 12. Re: Features may not be available
                                Extensitech

I have already disabled the script by unchecking "onFirstWindowOpen" as I showed in the message above, and now this "file maker version checker" window doesn't display anymore.

My concern is that unchecking onFirstWindowOpen disabled everything in the onOpen script, not just the one subscript you showed. It may be that the main onOpen script was doing other things, as well, which were necessary to the proper functioning of the solution.

That may even be the root of the new issue, if onOpen was, for instance, setting some fields and/or variables that the solution is expecting later, then other scripts that run when you click buttons and so forth may be expecting values that aren't there.

If you're comfortable that you haven't disabled anything important, though, I'd suggest marking this question as answered and posting the new question as a new thread, where it will garner more input.

HTH

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 13. Re: Features may not be available
                                  diorella

Take a look at the script for the "OnOpen". I think this is just checking the file maker pro version.. Or what do you think?

OnOpen.PNG

I really appreciate your help,

Thank you,

• 14. Re: Features may not be available
                                    coherentkris

Ding, Ding, Ding We have a winner!

You have successfully found the cause. Now all you have to do is disable or delete lines 6 thru 11 and reenable the OnOpen script for OnFirstWindowOpen

1 2 Previous Next