5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 11:57 AM by siplus

Strange Date display

Nehme

Hello,

I am working on Windows 10 , Filemaker 13 Pro advanced

My client: Mac - Filemaker Pro 13

I have a solution where I kept the date in the format Month/Day/Year

When I gave the solution to my client, the date became in the format Day/Month/Year (even when he enters the field => still in this format)

Not all dates appear the same

Text calculations including dates still appear in the original format.

From what I know, Filemaker doesn't even have this option of having Day/Month/Year

Even when we format the field date to appear as Day/Month/Year, when we enter the field, it will appear back as Month/Day/Year.

What might be happening?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Strange Date display
          siplus

Have you tried using the script step "Set using system formats" in your opening script ?

• 2. Re: Strange Date display
            Nehme

No I am not

I even tried to add this script step and put the set use system format Off but the problem persisted.

It is in fact taking the system date format

And what os more strange and somewhat dangerous is that the date field is displayed as day.month.year

and the dates appearing in the calculation appear as month.day.year

The sole solution might he to change the date format of the user's laptop!! ?

• 3. Re: Strange Date display
              jameshea

If it is easy enough to have the user change his date settings, that would be ideal. But then check that all the legacy dates have changed. If not, you may still need to do a data transformation on the existing dates into the new date format.

Is is this a client server solution?

• 4. Re: Strange Date display
                Nehme

Yes indeed, this is the problem

All the Text calculations including dates won't be set automatically!

No he is not using a server solution

• 5. Re: Strange Date display
                  siplus

with dates and times... odd things can happen... sometimes the only solution is to save a clone of the database, open it and import the records from the old one.