4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 8:08 AM by IanJempson

Web Direct Date Formats

IanJempson

Hi

It looks like WebDirect is applying US date formats on a UK formatted file. This file was created on a computer running UK date formats and has been working properly for several years. We've enabled WebDirect for some aspects of it's functionality but we've found that it's treating dates incorrectly.

FileMaker Server 14.0.4.412

Windows Server 2012 Standard Build 9200

Both Chrome Version 51.0.2704.84 (64-bit) and Safari 9.03 exhibit this behaviour on OS X 10.10.5

Problem is illustrated in the following screenshot:

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 15.27.43.png

FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.01 on the left and WebDirect on the right. They're both looking at the same field on the same record but the WebDirect date picker appears to think the date is in US format. This file has never been on a computer running US date formats. The yellow text is showing the result of inserting a date placeholder on the layout.

• 1. Re: Web Direct Date Formats
          Fred(CH)

And is there a chance that a workaround against this bug could be to set the option of the file to "always use the file settings" ?

• 2. Re: Web Direct Date Formats
            IanJempson

Hi Fred

great minds think alike! I was just trying that... unfortunately it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

I'm hoping this isn't another case of FileMaker Server doing everything in US formats.

It's quite interesting - the initial data entry appears to work correctly. It's only editing existing data that's proving a problem. (edited to add:) yes, i've just confirmed that - the records i've just added through web-direct are showing the correct dates in FileMaker. However if i try to edit them in web-direct they're showing incorrectly.

• 3. Re: Web Direct Date Formats
              TSPigeon

IanJempson:

Thank you for your post!

Testing and Development are aware of this issue with WebDirect in FileMaker Server 14. This issue was resolved in FileMaker Server 15 software.

I hope this helps!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Web Direct Date Formats
                IanJempson

ok, thanks for that! We'll be upgrading shortly - I'll just need to let our IT guys know so we can get the upgrade bumped up the priority list.

thanks for the quick reply!

cheers

Ian