5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 3:15 AM by bigtom

Filtering Empty and Dubble Value

PaSav-ICT

I need to make a filtering in a set of records. These are images container fields.

I have a set of records from 1 customer, that contain all the records. But in these records there are

records that have a empty image container, that must be omitted. And if a value is

displayed tree times i only want to see 1 record.

The problem i encounter is, i can filter on the empty image container. But when i want to filter the

duplicated values it is all ore nothing. So how to filter the duplicate values but keep one of the record.

• 1. Re: Filtering Empty and Dubble Value
          bigtom

How do you mean filter? A found set or a portal?

What value is being duplicated? The actual image only or other identifying field?

Does each record have a UUID or other unique ID key field?

• 2. Re: Filtering Empty and Dubble Value
            PaSav-ICT

I want to filter these records in a found set. The duplicated records have the same number.

• 3. Re: Filtering Empty and Dubble Value
              bigtom

PaSav-ICT wrote:

I want to filter these records in a found set. The duplicated records have the same number.

Well I did provide three questions and you managed to answer one of them clearly. No real suggestions for you without more information.

• 4. Re: Filtering Empty and Dubble Value
                PaSav-ICT

- i need to filter a found set

- a identifying field is used with a product number

- each record has it own RecordID.

It is a list of that contains product numbers, with a image of the product. But we only want

to see the image of one product if this is the same. But there is a difference between the recordID and

product number, because the list is combination of products.

• 5. Re: Filtering Empty and Dubble Value
                  bigtom

PaSav-ICT wrote:

- i need to filter a found set

- a identifying field is used with a product number

- each record has it own RecordID.

It is a list of that contains product numbers, with a image of the product. But we only want

to see the image of one product if this is the same. But there is a difference between the recordID and

product number, because the list is combination of products.

Each record will always have its own RecordID, but that is not a reliable way to handle records due to the nature of how FM handles the internal RecordID. Having a specific ID key field that is auto enter calculation for Get (UUID) or an auto enter serial number will really help you with this and other things.

So you are saying the duplicates are exactly identical in every way aside from the FM RecordID?

If this is the case I would advise adding the key field. If you do not already have primary keys in each table you really should consider adding them and using them for the relationships. For this purpose you can simply add the field and loop through all records in the table setting the field with a UUID to get this working. In your case Product_IDpk would be a reasonable name for the field. This is necessary to add a way to distinguish duplicates.

Understanding how and why you have duplicates might help with this. You really should not be having duplicate records in your database. Possibly fixing that issue is a better idea. Plenty of people will be willing to help you out here if you provide as much detailed information as possible. We really have no idea how your database is set up.

A screen shot of the relevant area of your relationship graph will be helpful.