I want export FM files to: Export and
Import FM files from: Import folders, respectively, both on the Desktop.
To set a $path_ex or $path_im I've used the syntax copied from a forum thread:
Substitute(Get(DesktopPath); "//Macintosh HD"; "Macintosh HD")& "Export/" or Substitute(Get(DesktopPath); "//Macintosh HD"; "")& "Export/".
Both the above work to export files to Desktop/Export, but when I copy those files to the Import folder, with the corresponding import variable, no files can be found.
1. I've forgotten why it's necessary to remove the initial "//" from the path?
2. Also, why is it "//" rather than "/" as shown in a 'get (desktopath) field?
3. I don't understand why removing 'Macintosh HD' or not both work?
4. What syntax could you use if someone's renamed 'Macintosh HD'?
5. Since there are definitely files inside the Import folder, I assume the $path_im must be incorrect. Why would it be a different path structure from Export and what should it be?