4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2016 9:21 AM by BeatriceBeaubien

Unable to upload error FMS 15

WayneMuelver

I have a single machine deployment of FMS 15 which I upgraded from FMS 14. Since doing so I am unable to upload files to the server. FMPA simply says that the upload failed. FMS admin console reports an error message: "Redo log(s) for database "Filename" failed to update to the Standby Server. (20402)". I have tried restarting the database server, and restarting the server machine itself. No change. I don't know why it is referencing a "Standby Server" in the error message because I don't have one configured for this deployment. I suspect this is part of the problem but have not had much luck so far in locating information on this error.

• 1. Re: Unable to upload error FMS 15
          bigtom

That is odd.

Have you tried the command "fmsadmin standby disconnect" just to ensure that standby is disconnected/disabled?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unable to upload error FMS 15
            BeatriceBeaubien

Hello Wayne,

This has been reported previously. Please see this link (apologies for the long read and for the lack of a clear solution):

https://community.filemaker.com/message/527454?et=watches.email.thread#527454

Best wishes,

Beatrice

On Jun 14, 2016, at 2:57, WayneMuelver <noreply@filemaker.com> wrote

Unable to upload error FMS 15

created by WayneMuelver in Discussions - View the full discussion

I have a single machine deployment of FMS 15 which I upgraded from FMS 14. Since doing so I am unable to upload files to the server. FMPA simply says that the upload failed. FMS admin console reports an error message: "Redo log(s) for database "Filename" failed to update to the Standby Server. (20402)". I have tried restarting the database server, and restarting the server machine itself. No change. I don't know why it is referencing a "Standby Server" in the error message because I don't have one configured for this deployment. I suspect this is part of the problem but have not had much luck so far in locating information on this error.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Unable to upload error FMS 15
              WayneMuelver

So, after reading through that message thread posted by Beatrice I was reminded of another issue I had with this deployment where my backup destination path was showing invalid. It turned out that was a permissions issue. I decided to look a little deeper at the default folders where databases are held by FM Server. Sure enough, the main default folder was fine and I could upload to it. It turns out that the subfolders that I use to organize my solutions however did not allow any access by the fmserver user. A quick change to that main top level folder and 'apply to all enclosed' resolved the issue and now I can upload to my folders again. Not sure how that got that way but glad it is resolved now.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

• 4. Re: Unable to upload error FMS 15
                BeatriceBeaubien

Glad you got it sorted out.

Beatrice