hschlossberg

File Won't Close on Client

Discussion created by hschlossberg on Jun 14, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2018 by jwjwj

For the third time in the past two weeks, now on two totally different files that are hosted on totally different servers, I have witnessed an issue where a file won't close and that keeps the FMPA application from closing.

I will privately send TSGal a couple videos, one with opening/closing scripts and the other without.  The results are the same either way, but the one with scripts allows us to step through things on the debugger and on data viewer.

The file shows on the Window > Show Window menu, in parenthesis as though it has not been opened in a window before.  The WindowNames() function shows nothing open, though DatabaseNames does show the one file.  If I select the hidden window to appear, it does appear through the opening script and the closing script and then it hides itself again.  If I remove the opening and closing scripts, the window flashes for a second and then hides itself again.

Again, this would not seem to be file-specific since I've now seen it on two different files, and it cannot be easily replicated as the vast majority of time it works properly.  But it has happened three times in two weeks and requires a force-quit.

Outcomes