AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Container fields cannot be exported" only in certain cases

Question asked by cyrus8 on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 by cyrus8

I'm using Filemaker Pro 11 in Windows 7, trying to automate the exporting of files from container fields.  I've written a script that goes through all the records to export the files in the container fields while skipping empty container fields.  The code works well, except that there are a number of records with container fields where I get the "Container fields cannot be exported." error.  When I try go to these records and try manually exporting the container field contents by right clicking, the "Export Field Contents..." option is grayed out, though I am able to open the document and then manually save it.  There are, however, way too many of these cases for me to practically do this one by one, so I'm hoping if someone has an idea what's going on here and how I might be able to automate the exporting of these fields that are giving me this error.

To help me troubleshoot this, I wrote a shorter code that focused on exporting the field contents of just one record.  This helped me figure out which records were giving me this error.  Here's the code:

If[not(isEmpty(TABLENAME_::FIELDNAME))]

Set Variable [$filePath; Value:"filewin:" & Get(DocumentsPath) & TABLENAME_::TABLE_ID_FIELD]

Export Field Contents [TABLENAME_::FIELDNAME; "$filePath"]

End If

I've been searching and trying a bunch of different things, but with no luck.  Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Outcomes