1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 12:44 PM by bobnyce

Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace

scottworld

We have discovered a bug in the FileMaker 15 Script Workspace (running on OS X 10.11.5):

1. Open remotely a FileMaker 15 file that is hosted on FileMaker Server 15.

2. Open Script Workspace.

3. Double-click on the name of one script, so that it appears in the script workspace.

4. Close the script workspace.

5. Close your file.

6. Re-open your file.

7. Open script workspace.

8. BUG: The entire left margin area is gone.

Thanks,

Scott

• 1. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
          TSGal

scottworld:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro 15 under Mac OS X 10.11.5 when accessing a hosted file (either FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server).  The issue does not occur under Windows.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments.  When I receive any feedback, I will let  you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
            TSGal

scottworld:

Our Testing department is unable to replicate the issue.  A tester came to my desk, but strangely, I am unable to replicate the issue.  I've reset FileMaker Pro preferences, uploaded another file, etc.  No luck.

Are you still able to reproduce the issue?  It appears to be an intermittent issue that I have yet to narrow down.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
              TSGal

scottworld:

Better yet.  If you have a video, please attach to the post.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                scottworld

Hi TSGal,

Thanks for the updates. I have created a video for you that you can watch at this link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2473414/filemaker_scriptworkspace.mov

Best,

Scott

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                  TSGal

scottworld:

Thank you for the movie.

Although I was able to replicate earlier, I am unable to do so now, even after following your video.  Regardless, this should be enough for Testing and Development.  When I receive any update, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                    TSGal

scottworld:

Testing is still unable to reproduce the pane issue, and I cannot reproduce the issue again.  There is a key factor that we are missing, so if you are able to narrow down the exact steps and/or settings, please let us know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                      scottworld

Thanks, I will see if I can figure it out. You know, I'm no longer able to reproduce this issue either! Even with the very same file that I showed you in the video above! I wonder if it was an OS X issue that was fixed in OS X 10.11.6? When I created the movie, I was running OS X 10.11.5, but now I'm running OS X 10.11.6. What OS are you running on your end?

• 8. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                        TSGal

scottworld:

The issue where I originally replicated the issue was under Mac OS X 10.11.5, and it is still 10.11.5, yet I still cannot replicate the issue again.

If you encounter the issue again, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                          sprynmd

I don't know if my problem is related, but it seems similar.

I recently upgraded my Mac to 10.12.2 using FMPA 15.0.2.220.  Right after the OS upgrade I started having issues in the script workspace.  Running the same FMPA under El Capitan had none of these issues.

Script and folder names don't refresh when resizing the left panel.  If a name is too long, it initially appears shortened with an ellipsis in the middle.  If I resize the panel, the name may change some, but it never expands to see the full name.  If I shrink the left panel, the names do not shorten like before (gaining an ellipsis).  BUT, if I click on the main FMPA window to bring it to the front (leaving the script workspace window open), then click on the script workspace window to bring it to the front, the names are refreshed.

At times the script names don't show up all.  The folder icon preceding the name is visible, but no names.  I seem to be able to consistently reproduce this by doing the following:

• Start with multiple scripts in folders

• Collapse all folders

• Close all scripts and the script workspace window

• Open the script workspace window

• Drag the left panel to widen it (also seems to happen when shrinking)

• Open up one of the script folders

• The exposed names are all missing

• Click on the main window to bring it to the front

• Click on the script workspace window to bring it to the front

• The names are displayed properly

...Mike

• 10. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                            TSGal

sprynmd:

Your issue is slightly different.  Our Development and Testing departments are aware of the scripts pane not displaying script names under macOS Sierra 10.12.x.  This usually occurs after resizing the left panel and the script list needs to scroll.

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                              sprynmd

Thanks, TSGal.

...Mike

• 12. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                                Menno

I have this same issue, I had on 10.11.x and now on my new MBP it happens even more often. And it is not as TSGal posted earlier:

TSGal wrote:

This usually occurs after resizing the left panel and the script list needs to scroll.

This usually happens to me right at the beginning of a session, no need for resizing the window or left pane. Only need to scroll the left pane and open a folder with scripts in it. This happens to script names in a folder in 90% of the times and only sparse to script names at "root" level. After about one or two hours, the scripts don't disappear anymore.

My config: MBP 2016 15" MacOS 10.12.3

• 13. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                                  TSGal

Menno:

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: Bug in FileMaker 15 Script Workspace
                                    TSGal

sprynmd (and Menno):

This disappearing scripts from the scripts pane issue has been addressed in FileMaker Pro 16.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 Previous Next