AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Go 15 Crashing using Insert from Device for photo capture

Question asked by JoeGonzalez on Jun 22, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 by TSGal

I have a client experiencing significant issues with FileMaker Go crashing on their iPads when the ‘Insert from Device’ script step is used to capture photos.

I've read several other posts regarding this issue and have implemented some of the suggestions from FM Tech support, but the crashing persists.

Device:  iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Air and iPad Air 2.

iOS Version:   9.3.2

FM Go version:  15.0.1

Use Dropbox to move file from Mac to iPad

I created a new database that includes just the picture-taking functionality to rule out file corruption in the original database.  However, the test file also crashes in exactly the same way as the original solution.

Use Case:

I have three tables: header, line items and images.  A header record will contain 200 related line items.  Each line item record will have one related record in the images table.

For each line item record, we use a script to take a picture (using Insert from Device/Medium Resolution/Rear Camera/No Zooming Allowed) and place in a container field in the related images table.  The same script then uses that related image to create a thumbnail and store it in the line item record.  To speed up the photo capture process, we use the same script to advance to the next line item record.

FileMaker Go will crash somewhere between capturing 80-100 images and return to the iOS home screen (sometimes does a hard re-boot of iPad). After re-launching FileMaker Go and accessing the same 200 line items, the last 10-15 images (and thumbnails) are missing.  If we continue taking photos, FileMaker Go will crash again after 30-40 images. Thus, getting through the 200 records results in anywhere between 3-6 crashes.

We have not found a work around.

Test file is attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

Outcomes