5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 9:46 AM by TSGal

Unable to upload

keysolutions

I’m running FMS15 on my Mac and can login to the console, but am unable to upload to the server from FMP Adv 14 and 15.

Error message is ‘Invalid name/password’, but I use the same credentials. So why doesn’t it work?

System = OS X 10.11.5

FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1

FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.6

• 1. Re: Unable to upload
          TSGal

keysolutions:

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to login to Admin Console?  If not, perhaps the administrator changed the credentials for the server.  If so, send me a private message with the server credentials, and I'll try to upload a test file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unable to upload
            keysolutions

@TSGal

As stated I am logged into the admin console with the same credentials. So my username/password are valid.

You won’t be able to try and upload to this server, it’s not on the open net.

• 3. Re: Unable to upload
              TSGal

keysolutions:

Thanks for the clarification.

One of our Support Technicians (TSPigeon) asked if there are any strange characters in the Account name or password, or if there are any leading or trailing spaces in the password?  TSPigeon also found another Community post with the same issue:

FM Server 14 Problems <invalid ID or password>

The resolution from the above post was a bad server installation.

Do you have a firewall?  If so, do you have all the necessary ports open?  For a listing of ports required by FileMaker Server, see Knowledge Base #14402:

Ports used by FileMaker Server | FileMaker

Continue to keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Unable to upload
                keysolutions

Problem still exists.

I’m running the server on the same machine as the client.

Turned of the firewall and tried it again. Same result.

The only ‘strange’ character in my password is the semi colon (;). The username only had normal characters.

It has been working fine for some time. But suddenly I got locked out.

Fortunatly I can still put the database on place by putting them in the right folder (and changing the file settings).

• 5. Re: Unable to upload
                  TSGal

keysolutions:

Thank you for the additional information.

Since you mentioned this had been previously working, something has changed in your environment.

Turning off the firewall will not restrict any ports and should allow you to upload a file.  Since this is still not working, I suspect something in your environment may have become damaged.  Based on the other link/post, a reinstallation of FileMaker Server may be warranted.  Be sure to close all hosted files and move them to the Desktop before uninstalling and reinstalling.  This is not time critical as FileMaker Server is running, and you do have a workaround of manually copying files to the server.  Schedule a time for the least impact to your system (zero clients would be ideal).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.